Our clients’ internal legal departments know that they can call on us in fluid situations to provide strategic, on-the-spot advice. Because we never compartmentalize our representation, we are effective corporate advisors, making it a point to know each client and its entire business operating space. This deep commitment also allows us to identify problems early which helps our clients avoid situations that otherwise would have ripened into costly litigation, regulatory issues, or other problems.
Our work in this area spans the entire gamut of issues and problems affecting business entities, from choice of legal entity and formation to internal investigations and governmental/quasi-governmental audits (e.g., professional licensing board or taxing authority). We also bring our general counsel expertise to all manner of corporate governance challenges, including executive and employee compensation, human resources practices and handbooks, officer and director liability issues, and fiduciary conduct. And as a strategic partner, we become involved in all aspects of business operations, such as developing contract templates, negotiating material business contracts and letters of intent, researching and providing guidance regarding the regulatory environment, and interfacing with insurance agents and companies regarding coverage and determining when and under what circumstances claims should be tendered to third parties.
Types of industries and business we represent include:
- National retail chains
- Health clubs, spas, and massage establishments
- Food manufacturers and wholesalers
- Apparel and textile manufacturers and wholesalers
- Financial service companies
- Boards of Condominium Associations and Cooperative Corporations
- Models and modeling agencies
- Art galleries
- Physicians and medical practices
- Architect and Interior Design firms
- Boards of Directors of non-profit corporations
- Personal management and talent agencies